The Group Lodging Coordinator is responsible for coordinating group room blocks, and booking group reservations.
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
* Assist group guests in setting up individual reservations, both by email and by phone.
* Input rooming lists, assigning rooms based on the client’s requests.
* Creating Master Accounts and taking deposits.
* Communicate any special group requests to housekeeping, property managers and front desk.
* Set up group room blocks in the property management system per Group Sales parameters. Set up duplicate room blocks in the online booking engine.
* Assist the Group Rooms Manager in monitoring lodging inventory.
* Creating billing profiles and packages with allocations for housekeeping, golf etc.
* Assist the Group Rooms Manager in resolving group room/billing questions generated by the Front Desk, Accounting, and/or guests.
* Coordinate registration and lodging reservations for Continuing Education events being held at the resort.
* Receive online registrations, as well as by email and by phone.
* Work with our reservations team to upsell lodging, golf, tennis, resort restaurants and all other resort amenities to all Continuing Education registrants.
* Process all reservations booked online through PDC, SynXis, and the golf booking engine, collecting credit cards and deposits when necessary.
* Upsell resort amenities, including resort restaurants, recreation activities, biking, golf and tennis.
* Assist with mailing confirmations, calling guests regarding moves, processing cancellation requests, etc.
* Assist the reservations team as directed by the Leisure Reservations Manager.
* Maintain and in-depth knowledge of the resort and its amenities.
REQUIRED SKILLS DETAILS
The decision-making must ensure good guest service while seeking to maximize resort sales revenue. Improperly quoted rates or errors in handling group guests may result in revenue loss as well as lost future business. Increased resort revenues from up-selling, cross-selling, and additional business can result from high levels of performance in the job. The Group Lodging Coordinator manages the room inventory for all Sea Pines groups booked by the Group Sales department.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as sales forecasts, revenue reports, operating instructions, and procedure manuals. Good verbal skills including grammar and diction, with the ability to speak easily and effectively with a diverse mixture of guests and other departments in the resort.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to apply them as needed on the job.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. Use of a telephone headset is required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or computer form. Often works alone so must be able to react quickly and effectively in handling requests in a courteous, friendly, and efficient manner. This position functions with minimum of direct supervision and is responsible for creating all group blocks, billing profiles (rates and outside charges) as well as room assignments. This position must be able to make decisions related to group problems or needs based on a thorough knowledge of rates, accommodations and facilities.
Ability to interact effectively by telephone with guests of diverse ages, backgrounds, and interests. Ability to project a service-mentality with a warm, caring attitude while maintaining efficiency and a sense of optimizing resort revenue. Good listening skills needed to facilitate problem solving. Fifty percent of the job requires communication/interactions with others: 1) internally with group sales, conference services, accounting and front desk personnel and 2) externally with corporate meeting planners, meeting participants/spouses and social guests.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet. Physical demands are those for an office environment with high levels of telephone usage and computer keyboarding. At times, stress can build from time limitations, customer demands, and constant telephone usage.
High school diploma or general education degree (some college work preferred) and minimum of 1 year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Computer skills, including the ability to use computer-based reservation systems, experience with Microsoft Office, and the ability to respond to e-mail requests. Customer service and telemarketing/sales skills and experience are highly desired. Need strong technical skills, knowledge of resort computer systems and front desk procedures. Light typing skills beneficial.
LOCATION, POSITION TYPE AND SALARY DETAILS
Commensurate with experience