The Network Technician II is an escalated point of contact for employees and guests experiencing technology-related issues. Additionally, this includes planning, installing, configuring, maintaining, and optimizing all network hardware, software, and communication links while ensuring minimal network downtime. The assigned will also diagnose, resolve, and document hardware and software network problems in a timely and accurate fashion, and provide end user training and support where required.
· Troubleshoot network hardware, applications and related issues for all internal customers in operations and other business departments within the organization
· Administration and maintenance of firewalls, and Core, Distribution and Access switches
· Administration and maintenance of web security gateways
· Support end-users of O365 email system, both Outlook and OWA users
· Administration and management of Server operating systems
· Administration and management of virtual environment (VMWare)
· Administration and maintenance of Active Directory
· Provide secondary support of equipment, systems, and processes as related to the company’s daily operations
· Troubleshoot and support corporate end-user VOIP telephony equipment
· Must have a working knowledge of networking fundamentals and protocols: DHCP, DNS, Layers 2 & 3, 802.1x, NAT, subnetting, etc
· Must be able to terminate and troubleshoot Cat 5 & 6 Ethernet cabling
· Additional IT Support duties.
· Organization and Communication:
o Communicate with end users before, during, and after issues are resolved to ensure high level of satisfaction and customer service.
o Communicate status of issues with the IT team.
o Cleanup/filing/organizing I.T. hardware/software inventories, as needed.
· Initiative and Learning:
o Demonstrate a willingness and ability to learn basic functionality of resort systems as well as the network infrastructure.
o Demonstrate initiative and resourcefulness when finding solutions to problems.
· Other duties:
o Ad hoc training of end users to help ensure more efficient use of available technology, systems and tools.
o Updating hardware and software inventories.
o Adherence with company policies, standards and regulations.
REQUIRED SKILLS DETAILS
Ability to read, must have strong verbal and written communication skills. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from owners, guests, vendors, and co-workers. Must be able to communicate (verbally and in writing) effectively and efficiently to owners, guests, vendors, and co-workers.
Basic, addition, subtraction, division and multiplication are a necessary skill for this position. Quantitative reasoning will be used solve practical problems.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit and taste or smell. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
This position functions with a minimum of direct supervision and requires the individual to be a self-starter, self-motivated, and have the ability to prioritize effectively.
Interpersonal skill is an essential skill because teamwork with other IT staff is needed to solve problems and maintain the IT infrastructure of the company. Extensive knowledge of new and existing network systems and hardware and software is essential.
Must have excellent communications and customer-service skills and be capable of handling effectively difficult owners and their complaints. Good listening skills are needed to facilitate problem solving.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to outside weather conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
· High school diploma or equivalent required, 4-year degree preferred; 1-2 years
· Experience, preferably in resort technology support capacity.
· High proficiency in networking as well as desktop applications.
· Strong background with VMWare and Microsoft products
· Interpersonal skills to represent the Resort in a positive way in dealing with customers and fellow employees
Valid Driver’s license
Technical or industry certifications desired
LOCATION, POSITION TYPE AND SALARY DETAILS
Commensurate with experience